Find out how to return or request a repair of equipment that has been loaned to help you in your daily life by Medequip.
How to access the material?
Medequip Assistive Technology is the Integrated Community Equipment Loan Service (ICELS) provider for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
The service is provided to residents on behalf of Leicester City Council, Leicestershire and Rutland Councils and the NHS.
To access the equipment, you will need to have been assessed by a health or social care professional. You can ask your GP to recommend or ask for an evaluation.
How do I return material?
It is important that equipment you no longer need is returned to us so that it is available for others in need.
Equipment will be cleaned and refurbished to make it available for reissue, which will support stock availability for others in need.
To organize a free collection, recycle and help others in need:
Alternatively, you can drop off the material at the following address:
- Unit B Wharf Way, Glen Parva, Leicester, LE2 9TF
Opening hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Friday
My equipment needs repair
If you believe your equipment needs service, please call Medequip using the number at the bottom of this page. Certain essential items are covered if they break down outside normal business hours; a label on the equipment indicates the emergency telephone helpline number for this service. Look for the red tag for the call number.
Let us know if you move or if your contact details change
If you move or any of your contact information changes, please notify Medequip using the contact information below so they can update their records.
The loaned material must not be:
- Transmitted or sold
- Out of the area if you stray
- Used by anyone other than yourself
- Misused or damaged by misuse
Other support available
Self-care allows you to live independently longer, giving you the confidence to stay home and perform your daily tasks safely.
- AskSARA Website – get additional advice by completing an online self-assessment which will give you free and unbiased advice on all types of equipment, to make everyday life easier.
- Manage website from home – buy your own mobility and disability equipment in this online store.
- Medequip Connect website – buy home and personal alarms, digital pendants and key safe installations